Things I plan to write about include:
- My own experiences as someone who is at increased risk of breast and ovarian cancer because of family history, but where no BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation has been found (uninformed negative).
- Research into HBOC in particular for those families where no BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation has been found.
- Cancer prevention for people at high risk.
- Screening for people at high risk.
- Diet and anti cancer foods - this is an area which really interests me.
- Help and support for people at high risk.
A disclaimer! I'm not a doctor, not an expert. Just a person at risk who is trying to make sense of my situation and share what I find out. I might get things wrong, and there is so much research going on that what is correct one day might be out of date the next. But that's a part of what this blog is about - trying to keep up to date with and understand the latest.
I welcome comments! I'd love to hear from other people who are in a similar situation or who maybe know more about the things I will write about, or can point me in the direction of interesting research and information.