Saturday 9 May 2015

A note about blog comments

Hello everyone, and an especially big, warm hello to all the Anonymous's out there!

Welcome to my blog. I just wanted to clarify a few things about comments.

I moderate comments, and I don't publish them all.  I'm actually under no obligation to. It's my blog, my decision.

I'm particularly unlikely to publish argumentative comments and comments from people who are anonymous. And it really doesn't matter how many times anonymous people whine at me that it's censorship, swear at me, call me names, or send me nasty comments about how I'm not publishing your anonymous comment because you are right, I am wrong and I can't handle it. That's not the reason why.

The reason why is that this is my personal blog, my personal space to share. There are limited hours in the day, potentially limited years in my life, and I'm just not going to spend them in never ending arguments with anonymous commentators on the internet. If you don't like it, don't come here! Set up your own blog, share your views there. Or go and argue anonymously with someone else.

This doesn't mean I refuse to engage in debate or consider other people's views. Quite the opposite - I love debate, I love hearing other people's views, and I love learning more. These are all very important things to me, and I am keen to engage with people who can add insight, help me to learn and see things from different point of views, and do this in constructive ways.

:-)

Sarah



  

No comments:

Post a Comment